At this time’s column is delivered to you from Fallon, Nev. By the point you learn this, my husband and I might be again in Southwest Washington, however the precise writing is going down on the highway. We’re on our means again from a highway journey to Nevada to wrap up particulars reguarding my dad and mom’ property. A bittersweet journey to make certain.
It seems that Might is an ideal month to journey from Washington to Nevada. Spring continues to be evident wherever we go, and the excessive warmth of the desert hasn’t fairly hit (though it was 100 levels in Las Vegas whereas we have been there – not so dangerous for Las Vegas residents however fairly sizzling for anybody from the Northwest). Nonetheless, our car journey has been one other memorable chapter within the Johnston family.
To honor Nationwide Highway Journey Day (which occurs to happen on Might 27), I need to level out a small choice of highway journey themed titles which might be obtainable on the library. There are lots of journey guides within the assortment, in each print and digital codecs, in addition to books and DVDs celebrating the human need for wanderlust. Regardless of the itinerary — a weekend on the seaside, a Southwest highway journey, a Caribbean cruise — the library can act as a bibliographic journey agent.
On the highway once more / Simply can’t wait to get on the highway once more – Willie Nelson
- “Horatio’s Drive: America’s First Highway Journey” (DVD) by PBS Dwelling Video.
- “Moon Drive & Hike Pacific Crest Path: The Finest Path Cities, Day Hikes, and Highway Journeys in Between” by Caroline Hinchliff.
- “The Open Highway: 50 Finest Highway Journeys within the USA: From Weekend Getaways to Cross-Nation Adventures” by Jessica Dunham.
- “Pacific Coasting” by Danielle Kroll.
- “Highway Journey USA: Cross-Nation Adventures on America’s Two-Lane Highways” by Jamie Jensen.
- “Washington Day Journeys by Theme” by Ellie Kozlowski.