In your subsequent journey to Spain, there are many belongings you may need to do. One thing that you just don’t need to miss is a go to to Sagrada Familia basilica.
Whether or not you’re spiritual or not, it’s an architectural masterpiece and well-known landmark within the coronary heart of Barcelona that’s visited by round 5 million vacationers yearly.
However don’t let the prospect of enormous queues hold you from visiting! In case you weren’t satisfied earlier than, right here’s how why it is advisable to go to Sagrada Familia in your subsequent vacation to Spain.
See additionally: The Best Tourist Attractions in Barcelona
The Historical past of Sagrada Familia
Whereas Gaudi is essentially the most well-known identify behind the Sagrada Familia towers, 9 architects have taken on the venture since his loss of life, and it’s nonetheless incomplete right now.
In case you didn’t know, Gaudi was a devoted Catholic, and he was notably obsessive about each nature and faith. His plans for the Sagrada Familia towers concerned representing the whole thing of Catholic historical past. This venture was to turn out to be his grandest legacy.
Regardless of altering palms, each architect concerned has remained true to Gaudi’s unique plans from 1883. The unique completion date was set for 2026. Nonetheless, this has been delayed as a result of Coronavirus pandemic of 2020 – with no new finish date in sight.
At the moment, all ticket gross sales are funding the completion of the venture – church buildings or the federal government don’t again it. So, if you go to Sagrada Familia, you’ll be financing the completion of Gaudi’s well-known landmark.
Personal donations are additionally accepted to construct the Sagrada Familia towers additional. At any time when it’s ultimately accomplished, it is going to turn out to be the tallest church globally.
One other of the incredible Sagrada Familia suggestions is that Gaudi was buried there in 1926, positioned inside the El Carmen Virgin chapel. Regardless of being incomplete, it’s additionally a UNESCO World Heritage Web site – one other superb truth to tick off your bucket listing!
Is visiting the Sagrada Familia towers price it?
In case you’re asking if visiting the Sagrada Familia towers is price it throughout your subsequent journey, the reply is a powerful sure!
That’s as a result of the Basilica of the Sagrada Familia was in-built 1882. It’s a monumental church with ties to the Holy Household and was consecrated by Pope Benedict XVI in 2010.
What’s much more superb concerning the Sagrada Familia is that it options breathtaking structure by Antoni Gaudi, one of many world’s most well-known architects. He pioneered a brand new period of structure known as Catalan modernism, which options free-flowing curves and natural kinds.
You’ll find 9 accomplished spires, of 18 within the unique design, with plans for additional completion within the coming years.
See additionally: Things to Do in Barcelona: Our Barcelona Activity Guide
Ideas for visiting the Sagrada Familia
As this monument is likely one of the hottest in Spain, and since it’s in the midst of the town of Barcelona, you may anticipate queues to be extraordinarily lengthy. The perfect time to go to Sagrada Familia is as early as doable within the morning.
The Sagrada Familia opens at 9 am when queues are at their shortest. The interval between 9 to 11 am is mostly much less crowded.
Nonetheless, chances are you’ll need to get contained in the monument for the very best photographic alternatives later within the day. For superb photos, the very best time to go to Sagrada Familia is between 5-6 pm, when the solar units.
The daylight shines by way of the colorful stained glass at this hour, producing dream-like sights and pictures. It’s additionally doable to attend night Mass at 6 pm, which comes at no cost. Right here, guests should gown and act appropriately.
Another issues to think about embrace:
- Size of go to. Most vacationers need to understand how lengthy to go to Sagrada Familia towers to take advantage of their journey. The really useful time is round 2 hours, however you may keep so long as supposed.
- The worth. Sagrada Familia ticket value is between €33 and as much as €99 for an 8-hour guided tour that features Montserrat.
- The perfect time to go to Sagrada Familia. The Sagrada Familia hours of operation are from 9 am until 6 pm day by day. Sagrada Familia’s hours of operation for Mass is 6 pm.
- Completely different sorts of tickets. You will want a special ticket to go to the Sagrada Familia towers that embrace tower entry; this isn’t granted with a fundamental ticket.
- Ticket availability. Ensure to get your tickets prematurely, as tickets can typically promote out by 5 pm. It’s additionally an choice to buy online tickets to streamline the method. Search for availability and e book your tickets beneath:
- Further packages. You might discover a increased Sagrada Familia ticket value for inclusive packages, comparable to a Sagrada Familia and Park Güell combination tour.
- Guided excursions for overseas guests. There are a number of guided group excursions out there in numerous languages. If you go to Sagrada Familia, the at present out there choices embrace English, German, Italian, French, and, after all, Spanish.
- Can I get a Sagrada Familia audio information free? You’ll find free audio guides on-line, however these can not compete with guided excursions.
- Planning your arrival. You’ll find public transport hyperlinks that can take you to go to Sagrada Familia – the L2 or L5 through the metro or one in every of many devoted buses, together with the 19, 33 and 34.
- What to put on. Do not forget that if you go to Sagrada Familia, it’s a holy place of worship. Guests want to decorate appropriately, which means that tops ought to cowl their shoulders, and shorts/skirts ought to come mid-thigh. Hats aren’t allowed on the Sagrada Familia.
- Navigating the Sagrada Familia. It’s best to obtain the official app to handle tickets, discover audiobooks and extra. The app prices €26 from the official web site. Nonetheless, it’s doable to go to with out downloading the app, too.
We hope we’ve answered the query ‘is visiting the Sagrada Familia towers price it?’ The reply is sure – it’s nice to go to year-round!
It’s best to add Sagrada Familia to your itinerary subsequent time you go to Barcelona.
Don’t miss out in your probability to go to Sagrada Familia and its huge cultural and historic significance. Whether or not planning how lengthy to go to Sagrada Familia or discovering the Sagrada Familia ticket value value, we hope our Sagrada Familia suggestions have made planning a lot simpler for you!
In search of extra issues to do in Barcelona? Take a look at the beneath posts: